Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Help for Homeowners and Tenants with paying their utility bills

Bill payment assistance information for PECO for homeowners, landlords and tenants.

The federal government and Pennsylvania are providing millions of dollars in financial assistance for those who've fallen behind on their mortgage payments, rent and utility bills. Please read below on how to apply for this important assistance that can be applied to your outstanding PECO bill.


The Homeowner utility assistance program is being administered by PAHAF – Pennsylvania Housing Assistance Fund.  The main method of application is online (no paper) at  For questions or concerns, their phone number is 888-987-2423 - M-F 8:00am-8:00pm.  Homeowner utility assistance is limited to $3,000 per household (total, across all utilities), or 24 months of debt.


Renters seeking utility assistance should contact the agency administering this funding in your county of residence.  A list of Renter utility assistance agencies, by county can be found below:

Philadelphia Currently Unavailable
Bucks County
or call 1-888-50-BUCKS
Chester County Call 2-1-1 and select prompt 2, then press 2
Delaware County
or call 484-729-4200

Montgomery County

Call 2-1-1 and select prompt 2, then press 1.

Additional assistance available:
Manna on Main Street 
or call 215-855-5454.

Pottstown Cluster of Religious Communities 
or call 484-393-5441.

or call 610-277-2570 (Norristown area)
or 610-970-2134 (Pottstown area)


YWCA of Montgomery County

Family Services of Montgomery County
or call 610-630-2111 ext. 235


Lancaster County

Lancaster County Housing Authority
28 Penn Square, Suite 200,
Lancaster, PA 17603


York County Community Progress Council
226 East College Avenue,
York PA 17403

 For more information on the Emergency Rental Assistance Program, click here 

For bill payment assistance programs available from PECO, visit

© PECO Energy Company, 2023. All Rights Reserved.